We are looking for motivated people who love the Utah Jazz and want to work in a fast-paced retail environment. A contributing team member provides exceptional guest service and follows operational procedures and policies. This is an entry-level position, with the opportunity to learn and grow within the Team Store department.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support a strong sales and service culture
- Achieve key sales standards and measures
- Address customer complaints with concern and urgency, and report escalated issues to store management
- Present and maintain merchandise in a neat and appealing manner
- Follow cleaning and maintenance routines
- Ensure accurate merchandise inventory records
- Assist preparation for physical inventory counts
- Protect inventory from internal and external theft
- Demonstrate a positive, professional attitude
- Contribute to an orderly and safe work environment
- Protect financial assets through disciplined cash handling routines
- Perform projects and assignments with a sense of urgency
- Support the building of a diverse culture that enriches the lives of our employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Protect the legal, financial, and moral well-being of the company
- Be a student. Be a teacher. Be a leader.
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric results.
- Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Instills trust – Has integrity, follows through on commitments, gains the confidence of others.
- Communicates effectively – Conveys clear directions and messages to fit the intended audience.
- Interpersonal savvy – Builds rapport with people across levels, functions, and cultures.
- Previous selling and retail experience preferred, but not required
- Relevant math and computer skills
- Must be a respectful team player willing to collaborate and listen to others
- Must be reliable and available to work Jazz games, Bees games, concerts and other events at Vivint Arena and Smith’s ballpark
- Moderate to high levels of stress may be associated with this position
- Must be able to bend, lift, and safely climb up and down a ladder
- Must be able to stand for a full shift
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and written
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs
Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and SEG reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.