Stockton Kings Public Relations & Community Impact Intern - Seasonal with Stockton Kings in Stockton, CA
- Serve as an ambassador to community non-profits and Foundation contacts
- Assist with Stockton Kings educational programs
- Prepare and help execute community events and talent appearances
- Assist in tracking inventory and processing requests for raffle basket
- Assist with media relations tasks such as media guide, game notes
- Assist in editing of press releases
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist and participate during rehearsals, including: sound checks (anthem singers, host/emcee mics, communication devices, etc.), opening introductions, in-game promotions, intermission activities, ceremonies, special effects, performers, color guards, etc.
- Prep and manage props and other materials that will be used during the course of the game/event.
- Will act as a liaison between management to set up and cue talent.
- Successfully execute all scripted elements and improvised elements as required and as assigned.
- Work with camera operators to block and set up live promotions while coordinating with contestants, hosts, mascot, promotional team, and additional talent.
- Responsible for ensuring that all in-game elements occur promptly at their pre-designated time and are executed accurately.
- Promptly relay information to the Entertainment Management should any problems, issues, and/or changes to scripted elements occur.
- Ensure all promotions and activities are accurately and clearly communicated and explained to any/all participants.
- Act as digital courtside signage operator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work well on a team and independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university program, or a recent college graduate (within the last 6 months)
- Must be available to work at least 25 hours per week
- Must be available to work every 2019-2020 Stockton Kings home game (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Experience working in Community Relations and/or volunteer or event experience is preferred
- Prior knowledge of game presentation/production a plus
- Knowledge of the sport of basketball is preferred
How did you hear about this job?
Are you currently enrolled in a college or university program, or are you a recent college graduate (within the last 6 months)?
If hired, can you provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States?
What interests you in this position?