The Sacramento Kings organization is an engaging, fast-paced, and fun Sports and Entertainment Franchise. As a member of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to impact the Sacramento region both on and off the court. Combining a collaborative and innovative work environment with a talented and diverse staff, we've created a workforce in which every team member has the tools to reach their full potential.
Who We Are:
On a mission to lead from the front- setting the standard for the development and preparation of elite basketball players- the Sacramento Kings Health & Performance Team is committed to an interdisciplinary high-performance approach that integrates innovation, research and development, learning, mentorship, and application. We are driven to change the game in player care in pro sport and change our legacy. At the Kings you are joining a culture of excellence and a culture of learning. We will empower you to realize your greatest potential.
As part of the Sacramento Kings Health & Performance Team (HPT) the Athletic Performance Coach & Sport Scientist will bring a progressive mindset, deep knowledge of athletic performance and the game of basketball, and a diverse skillset as a coach/sport scientist. They will demonstrate impact as an innovative practitioner developing and implementing holistic individualized programming and managing the integration of key technologies on and off the court for both the Sacramento & Stockton Kings. In collaboration with other members of the team, they will play an important role be assessing, profiling, programming, and monitoring player movement and performance needs. They are built to thrive in an elite high-performance environment, current in their knowledge of research, technologies, best practices, and application strategies.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the achievement of strategic aims and objectives for the HPT and the organization
- Lead the delivery of strength & conditioning and sport science programming for the G League Stockton Kings and assist with the same areas for the NBA’s Sacramento Kings
- Contribute to a progressive performance framework to optimize player management using our closed loop process (assess- profile- prescribe- monitor)
- Work collaboratively to assess and profile athlete needs and develop and implement individualized training strategies
- Develop the underpinning protocols for strength and conditioning and sport science during the G League season, and periodize individualized programming accordingly
- Monitor and manage athletes during the season based on data analysis, regular screening and communication with players, coaches, and medical staff
- Support the development and implementation of performance nutrition protocols and programming
- Support the implementation of criteria-based reconditioning programming in collaboration with the Directors of Athlete Health & Athlete Performance
- Assist with the transition of players between the Stockton and Sacramento rosters during the season
- Assist with the management and organization of supplies and equipment
- Participate in staff learning and continuing education activities
- Assist with special projects and special reports
Who You Are:
- You hold an advanced degree in exercise physiology, physical therapy and/or athletic training, CSCS certification and appropriate State licensure
- You have 5+ years of full-time experience working in a variety of elite/pro sport environments
- You have demonstrated impact delivering individualized programming in elite/pro sport environments
- You understand the physiological, technical, cultural and psychological demands of pro basketball
- You are experienced in the collection and management of data from key technologies (ForceDecks, Kinexon,) to support player health and performance
- You are experienced executing screening, testing, profiling, and monitoring processes, and producing progress reports to share with key stakeholders
- You are competent working with athlete management systems (ie: SMARTABASE), data analysis and visualization software programs
- You are competent with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, Keynote & Pages
- You hold current CSCS, CPR & First Aid certifications
What You Embody:
Leadership- You demonstrate initiative with problem solving, relationship building, and positively elevating the performance culture. You bring exceptional professionalism, a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. You are a strong communicator, and know how to communicate up, down and across the organization.
Teamwork- You impact the success of the team through advanced organization skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency, adaptability, proactive and transparent communication, and a focus on our key performance indicators
Integrity- You demonstrate extreme ownership & radical honesty.
Growth & Innovation- You are constantly curious, always seeking opportunities for connection, collaboration, growth, and impact.
- The position requires unconventional hours and regular travel both in and out of season, and frequent work outside of normal business hours to ensure all deadlines and responsibilities are met
- Eligibility to work legally in the United States must be maintained
- The Sacramento Kings is an equal opportunity employer
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.