Head of Reconditioning with Sacramento Kings in Sacramento, CA
Sacramento Kings jobs
Sports Jobs in Sacramento, CA
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Title: Head of Reconditioning
Department: Basketball Operations
Reports: VP, Health and Performance
FLSA Status: Exempt
As part of the Kings Health & Performance Team (HPT) the Head of Reconditioning will play a critical role in the year-round care of Sacramento Kings’ players.
The successful candidate will bring a level of professional maturity and preparation expected for this leadership role, including a growth mindset, and a systematic, performance-focused approach. They will bring a diversity of experience, and will have demonstrated success in elite, interdisciplinary (high-performance) environments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Head of Reconditioning will oversee the development and implementation of a broad portfolio of medical services, including orthopedic and functional assessments, acute injury management, pain management, physical therapy, interdisciplinary prevention and reconditioning programming, and organization of ancillary services (massage, chiropractic, acupuncture, etc.).
As an integral member of the Health and Performance Team, the Head of Reconditioning will be proactive in managing injury risk by monitoring musculoskeletal and orthopedic stressors in conjunction with workload data. They will oversee reconditioning programming for injured players, and will work collaboratively in managing return to performance timelines and progressions with other members of the team. They will also work closely with other members of the team in auditing injury events, trends, and longitudinal data to refine processes and practices.
This role will be instrumental to the delivery a progressive and holistic system of athlete care. The chosen candidate will be a strong educator, exceptional communicator (written and oral), and great teammate. Externally, they will represent the organization at industry events, and will assist with the evaluation of new initiatives, tools, partnerships, and technologies.
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapy program with a baccalaureate, masters or doctorate degree in Physical Therapy and successful passage of the national licensure exam. DPT degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in elite/pro sport environments
- Demonstrated professional maturity, accountability, communication and execution
- Demonstrated ability to interpret mechanical load data to drive insights in risk management, and return to performance
- Competency in NBA EMR system
- Current CPR, First Aid & AED certifications
- The position requires unconventional hours and regular travel both in and out of season, and frequent work outside of normal business hours to ensure all deadlines and responsibilities are met
- Eligibility to work legally in the United States must be maintained
- The Sacramento Kings are an equal opportunity employer
How did you hear about this job?