Director, Technology Operations with Sacramento Kings in Sacramento, CA
Sacramento Kings jobs
Sports Jobs in Sacramento, CA
Technical Services: Technical Support/Help Desk
POSITION: Director, Technology Operations
DEPARTMENT: Technology Operations
MANAGER: VP, Technology
The Sacramento Kings Technology Group is looking for a highly motivated and talented Director of Technology to join our team. This candidate will join an organization of team members that strive for and achieve excellence on a daily basis. Our ownership group is committed to technology and has a vision of NBA 3.0 which is to make basketball a premier sport of the 21st Century via the following vectors: TECHNOLOGY | GLOBALIZATION | SPORT AS AN AGENT OF SOCIAL GOOD.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technology Director to join our elite technology team, that operates the most technologically advanced arena in the world. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day technology operations for the Sacramento Kings and Golden 1 Center.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop Technology Operations team
- Oversee and manage all phases of tech related projects from conception to completion
- Create project documentation for all key stakeholders
- Create detailed documentation
- Oversee the development and creation of policies and procedures
- Manage multiple vendor relationships
- Maintain incident response plan
- Assist with budget planning
- Oversee data governance initiative
- Assist with maintenance and development of our security posture
- Develop security standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Identify risks and remediate as needed
- Maintain asset management, and software/hardware life cycles
- Maintain contracts, service dates and maintenance renewals
- Oversee entire infrastructure and applications
- Manage the procurement of all software and hardware
- Oversee service desk and make sure all incidents are being resolved quickly and efficiently
- Oversee Workday committee and change management processes
- Manage all game day operations
- Manage events calendar and schedule coverage
Knowledge of: effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision
Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system designs; configure systems to be consistent with team policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years’ in tech field
- 3+ years’ in leadership or management
- Ability to work in a FAST-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours – this position revolves around sports & entertainment (NOT 9-5/M-F)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Can demonstrate analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently
- Prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 40 lbs.
How did you hear about this job?
Why are you interested in this position?
What are your salary requirements?