The Sacramento Kings organization is an engaging, fast-paced, and fun Sports and Entertainment Franchise. As a member of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to impact the Sacramento region both on and off the court. Combining a collaborative and innovative work environment with a talented and diverse staff, we've created a workforce in which every team member has the tools to reach their full potential.
Job Summary: The Director of Athlete Performance is an energetic and forward-thinking professional who plays a key role in researching, developing, and implementing a progressive health and performance framework to optimize player well-being and performance. They bring an advanced understanding of people, culture, and high-performance strategy development and deployment. They are committed to developing leading basketball talent and possess excellent communication skills, executive-level process management abilities, and pragmatic physical preparation and movement literacy methodologies. Built to thrive in an elite high-performance sports environment, they are current in their knowledge of research, technologies, best practices, and implementation strategies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Lead the direction of, and implement the strategy for, the Athletic Performance division (strength & conditioning, performance nutrition & culinary team), including but not limited to:
- Assessment, creation, and delivery of individualized nutritional programs for King’s players during all times of the season
- Planning and coordinating all team meals during the season
- Ensuring all Kings’ players receive targeted, individualized programming and coaching to drive athletic capabilities
- Building, maintaining, and fostering effective cross-functional relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Communicating and upholding standards of excellence across the department, ensuring behaviors align with team values
- Drive collaborative data-informed workflows across the Health & Performance Team by assessing and profiling: biomechanical, physiological, and psychological needs
- Manage the collection, coordination, analysis, and reporting of data, including but not limited to: practices, games, strength, and conditioning, and reconditioning sessions
- Manage all aspects of the athlete management system used by the Health & Performance Team
- Drive integration from the Health & Performance Team with the Basketball Analytics Group
- Lead a comprehensive performance audit/review process at the end of each season
- Develop and execute individualized game day preparation and recovery plans
- Ensure all programming and testing records are organized, maintained, updated promptly, and develop standardized reports for sharing progress reports with key stakeholders
- Oversee the G League Performance staff and ensure best practices are implemented and followed
- Lead regular performance audits and a comprehensive audit/review process at the end of each season
- Manage key third-party relationships with vendors, partners, and consultants
- Oversee special projects and special reports as assigned
- Drive collaborative data-informed workflows across the Health & Performance Team
- Advanced degree(s) in the field of human performance (MS/Ph.D./DPT/DO/DC)
- Full-time experience managing the health & performance of elite athletes in a variety of elite/pro sport environments
- Experiential knowledge of the physiological, technical, cultural, and psychological demands of professional basketball
- Proven experience developing and implementing movement-based athlete development and performance nutrition systems
- Analytical, statistical, and research skills, with experience in the collection, use, and management of performance data to engage and educate key stakeholders
- Advanced ability to analyze and interpret mechanical and physiological load data and drive practical insights into the management of player risk, readiness, and Return to Performance
- Competency in organizing and analyzing a wide range of inputs to drive decision-making on player health and performance
- Maintain current CSCS, CPR & First Aid certifications and appropriate additional licensure
- This position requires unconventional hours, regular travel both in and out of season, and frequent work outside normal business hours to ensure all deadlines and responsibilities are met.
- Must be eligible (remain eligible) to work legally in the United States
- The Sacramento Kings are an equal opportunity employer.
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.