Community Impact Seasonal Intern with Sacramento Kings in Sacramento, CA
Sacramento Kings jobs
Sports Jobs in Sacramento, CA
Timeframe: September 2019 - May 2020. (Must be able to work at least 25 hours a week)
Wage: $12.00/hour, No relocation or housing expenses provided.
Qualifications: MUST be enrolled in a College or University or a recent graduate (within 6 months) to be considered.
The Community Impact Intern will serve as an integral part of the Community Impact team; and will be responsible for supporting the Community Team. Assists in the response of community donation requests, supports the coordination of the charitable ticket program and assists with community events. Will perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Who you are:
- The Community Impact Intern will solve problems.
- The Community Impact Intern will keep us organized.
- The Community Impact Intern will exceed our expectations.
The Community Impact team is more interested in these six qualities than in any particular type of experience. Prior experience in administration, the sports industry, the nonprofit sector, or philanthropy is a plus, but we’re essentially looking for the smartest, most passionate, and hardest working person we can find. Inspire us!
To be successful in this role, you will excel in the following key areas:
- Organization: You take pride in your work and in your work space.
- Attention to detail: You strive for perfection and can simultaneously see the big picture and smallest aspect of a project.
- Communication: You are an exceptionally clear communicator who can write and speak with confidence.
- Learning quickly: We don’t expect you to know everything, but we do expect you to be a quick and perspective learner.
- Self-reliance: You have a knack for figuring things out and require minimal oversight to see a project through to its end.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You are ambitious and creative, and you are excited about the idea of helping us to build something meaningful.
What you’ll do:
The Community Impact Intern will support the CI team in problem solving and planning during the 2019-20 season.
- Communications (responding to donation requests, maintaining donations database, providing weekly updates and recommendations).
- Planning 2019-20 charitable ticket program.
- Planning 2019-20 season; game night themes, community group integration, concourse programming and other activities.
The Community Impact Intern will assist the CI team in organization.
- You’ll support community events, including set up and break down of events.
- You’ll support storage inventory and organization; maintaining the database of CI inventory.
How did you hear about this job?