Basketball Analytics Design Intern with Sacramento Kings in Sacramento, CA
Sacramento Kings jobs
Sports Jobs in Sacramento, CA
The Sacramento Kings seek a Basketball Analytics Design Intern who will contribute to the development of cutting-edge basketball analytics systems. The position will be responsible for supporting the development of web-based front-end tools to communicate analytical ideas throughout the organization.
Start Date: June 2019 - October 2019
Duration: 5 months/ Full-Time
- Help design and implement aesthetic and UX improvements to the Kings’ web-based analytics systems.
- Work with data scientists to design and build data visualizations to communicate analytical information.
- Support the design of R/Shiny applications for use by the Basketball Operations staff.
- Maintain and support the Kings' analytics infrastructure.
- Other related duties as required.
- Experience with web frameworks, and R/Shiny in particular, strongly preferred.
- Experience with graphic design and the accompanying tools, such as Adobe Illustrator, strongly preferred.
- Experience designing and creating web sites (and data-driven dashboards in particular) strongly preferred.
- Experience building data visualizations using d3.js or similar libraries is a plus.
- The ability to organize and manage multi-stage projects while maintaining an acute attention to detail, work independently and under tight deadlines, and relate to and communicate effectively with people of varied backgrounds (programmers, analysts, outside data vendors, other front office members) required.
- Knowledge of basketball analytics, and the NBA more broadly, is a plus.
- Ability to work evening, weekend and holiday hours (as dictated by the basketball calendar) required.
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Sacramento required.
How did you hear about this job?
Why are you interested in this position?
If not local, are you able to relocate to Sacramento? (This position does not offer temporary housing or relocation costs)