The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Ticket Sales Intern with Phoenix Suns in Phoenix · AZ
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury seek ambitious individuals with a drive and passion to develop and hone professional selling skills! The Ticket Sales Intern focuses on the sales process, tasked with special projects to assist the incumbent with growing their knowledge of the sports business industry with a focus on sales. This internship will run June 1 through August 14, 2020.
What we need from our Intern:
This role will learn Ticket sales process including outbound calls, face to face appointments, and working Suns, Mercury, and Rattlers events/games. They assist The Source Managers with various projects and tasks and assist with projects supporting the sales team including but not limited to:
- 50/50 Raffle Execution
- Lead List Generation
- Social Table Tracking
- Team Member Event Planning
Our Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Strong desire to learn and understand the Suns Ticket Sales offense, with an interest in a career in sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ambitious environment
- Time management skills
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must be entered in the last 2 years of undergraduate program
- Preferred fields of study/majors include Sales, Sports Management, Business, Communications, or Sports Administration
- A valid Driver's License with a good driving record (no accidents and less than 3 traffic violations in the past 3 years)
What can you expect?
This position has game night duties, and will need to be able to attend most home games. A flexible schedule to include some weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime to meet business needs is needed. This position will work mainly indoors with occasional outdoor work and will include standing for extended periods of time. It will also involve:
- Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of fore frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Hearing acuity is required for this role
- Ability to read and write in English required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully carryout the required functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience Preferred 1
How did you hear about this job?