The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Sr. Graphic Designer with Phoenix Suns in Phoenix · AZ
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Senior Designer brings niche knowledge, first-rate design techniques, and outstanding project management skills, coupled with outstanding high-level client interaction skills across all levels of company executives, demonstrated ability to mentor developing designers, and work within deadlines with little oversight or mentorship.
The Sr. Graphic Designer will be responsible for the conceptual, creative design, and production of material requested of them. Requests to consist of, but not limited to; digital and print marketing collateral, sales collateral, partner creative (digital and traditional), invites, mock-ups, large format signage, logo design, and more.
In coordination with our Creative Lead, our Senior Designer will have some decision-making authority within the department and will help lead on major projects such as campaign design development, process workflow, and other administrative responsibilities.
The Sr. Designer is a self-starter and proactively pursue project teamwork and be able to confidently offer creative solutions to leadership across the organization.
Supervision of multiple designers on creative conception, offering mentorship on standard methodologies, and approving designers work will also be required.
The Sr Designer needs to provide top notch design work and stay knowledgeable with design trends, styles, and techniques as well as updates to key software and services.
What we need from our Sr. Designer
- Serve as lead designer on major level projects from conception, development, and through to final delivery within deadlines
- In collaboration with the Creative Lead, supervise intermediate and junior designers. Approving work, leading deadlines, and providing proven design techniques and mentoring development
- Attend high-level meetings with Creative Lead to provide creative solutions on large projects
- Direct liaison between Creative Services and other divisions of the company
- Focus efforts by collaborating with team members to optimize objectives and departmental goals
- Design collateral as requested (campaigns, logos, marketing collateral, brochures, posters, invites, etc.)
- Seek clarification when uncertain
- Clearly share timeline and expectations in conjunction with the completion of all creative needs
- Assist in other creative duties as assigned
- Supervisory Responsibility; supervises a junior designer
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to brainstorm creative ideas in a small group setting
- Ability to take direction from others
- Ability to understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet said goals
- Ability to thrive as part of a team and provide guidance to developing team members
- Professional in appearance, attitude and attire
- Typographic, layout, composition, color theory and information design
- Photo manipulation; resize, crop, add/remove objects, color correct
- Knowledge in crafting static & animated ads for web, social, email, etc.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook); Adobe Creative Services Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects); Apple Mac OSX platform
- CMYK Printing Processes & Production
- Copy writing/proofreading skills a plus
- Animation/motion design experience helpful
- Minimum of 6 (6) years of experience in graphic design with in-house sports or agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or similar field is helpful.
What can you expect?
This position maintains regular/traditional business hours with some evenings, weekend and holidays as business needs arise. This role requires the ability to
The physical demands are representative of those that need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Experience Preferred 4
How did you hear about this job?