The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Security Officer (3rd Shift) with Phoenix Suns in Phoenix · AZ
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
This Security Officer is responsible to patrol and report any activity that may involve acts of crime, terrorism, vandalism or general Phoenix Suns Arena infractions on the property. This information will be reported to Security Control where the course of action will be determined to resolve the situation followed up by preparing a written report of all accounts of the incident/situation.
What we need from our Security Officer:
Whether patrolling all levels and exterior of the Arena, screening employees, guests and vendors of access to the facility, or performing posted duties, our Officers observe and report damage or theft of company property, complete initial investigation on incidents. They will demonstrate outstanding problem solving while providing excellent customer service to all of our guests. Officers will also perform the below duties:
- Respond to, evaluate and notify individuals of fire alarms inside the premises
- Possess a strong working knowledge of all security posts with the capability to exercise good judgment in a professional manner at each position. These positions include, but are not limited to: The Security Control Room, Guest Services desk, South Gate, Patrol
- Document incidents utilizing the basic fundamentals of report writing on Microsoft based programs (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Security officers will conduct follow-up investigations as needed to assist with the determination of the outcome to the investigation.
- Carry out company policy and procedure.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
Successful candidates will have a high standard in interpersonal skills, demonstrating excellent verbal and written communications, outstanding customer service skills, and good judgement. Being able to think on your feet, quickly process information and balance stressful situations is a must! Additional qualities and qualifications this role requires are:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Displays initiative and assertiveness
- H.S. Diploma
- Prior law enforcement or military background a plus
- 2 -3 years security experience
- Valid Arizona’s driver’s license to operate company vehicles and carts
What can you expect?
While there is a set schedule, employees must be able to work according to the business needs, which include evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Security Personnel do work in all weather conditions conducting multiple foot patrols of the facility without assistance or standing at stationary posts for several hours. Due to the nature of our business, employees work in an environment with large crowds and loud noises. Personnel will be subject to intense heights, including climbing ladders, walking on a catwalk 90 feet above ground level, climbing steep stairs on top levels, etc.
Security staff should be capable of:
- Responding to emergencies in a timely manner without assistance
- Assisting guests and staff in emergencies, including pushing wheelchairs and/or picking up, dragging, or otherwise moving persons in distress.
- Defending themselves and/or others
This position needs personnel with visual acuity, dexterity to manipulate radios, vehicle screening mirrors, hand wands and other essential equipment and the ability to lift items weighing 25 pounds or more such as barricade, boxes, bags, etc. Staff are also required to carry objects 30 yards without assistance and have the capabilities to reach, twist, and kneel
The physical demands are representative of those required for the employee to be successful in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities.
Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs. The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Experience Preferred - 3
How did you hear about this job?