The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Phoenix Mercury Basketball Communications Intern with Phoenix Suns in Phoenix · AZ
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Phoenix Mercury Basketball Communications team is looking for an Intern to assist with all day-to-day team communications and other Public Relations, Marketing, and Community Relations duties as assigned!
This paid internship is for the entire Mercury season (May through the end of the season or playoffs, October 2020, which is latter). This role has the flexibility to begin in late March/early April.
What we need from our Intern:
Our Intern will assist with the publication of all media guides (preseason, regular season, postseason), game notes including editing and compiling Mercury game statistics, and in the research and production of various press releases. They will compile and archive daily media clips, assist with media hospitality on game nights, including game-night press room accommodations and media seating and handle the distribution of statistics, notes, releases, rosters, pre- and postgame quotes and other information for media each home game. They will also help with production and distribution of media credentials, both season and single-game.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Outstanding interpersonal and public communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Previous experience with Adobe InDesign
- Ability to handle fast-paced, sometimes high-stress environment
- Conscientious and detail oriented
- Ability to take initiative, be ambitious and work independently with limited supervision
- Strong understanding of basketball statistics
- Ability to assist in leading Mercury Game Night staff
- Pursuing a degree, or have received a degree in Journalism, Communications or related fields such as Public Relations and Marketing.
- Previous writing experience
- Experience in sports a plus, specifically basketball
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record for the last three years
- Reliable transportation
What can you expect?
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
- Attend all Mercury home games
- Travel between the Colosseum and Talking Stick Resort Arena
- Must be available for the whole Mercury season, including play offs should it be warranted
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Extended periods of time of standing and walking
- Must have housing in the Phoenix metro area for the duration of the internship (Housing will not be provided by Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury)
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Experience Preferred 1
How did you hear about this job?