The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Operations Coordinator; Basketball Strategy & Research with Phoenix Suns in Phoenix · AZ
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Player Operations: Player Personnel/Scout
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Operations Coordinator will assist in the creation of data derived information pertaining to game strategy, player development, team building and NBA personnel evaluation.
What we need from our Coordinator:
Our coordinator will find opportunities to build new metrics through detailed tracking and coordinate data. They will build breakdowns of coaching strategy and scheme, for both the Phoenix Suns and opposing teams as well as apply objective data in the accurate development of NBA players. This role will generate data visualizations and tools to better explain findings and identify and analyze game trends on a team and league-wide levels. The Database Coordinator will gain additional experience and expertise through assisting the Phoenix Mercury and NAZ Suns in the same capacity.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Proven expertise with SQL, R, Python and other database management and software tools
- Requires strong MS Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Must be high energy, very detailed, intuitive, a self starter, and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve and prioritize based on organizational experience
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be able to appropriately prioritize workload, as well as demonstrate flexible and diplomatic responses to unanticipated events
- Ability to build and develop clear, effective reports, presentations and communications for a wide variety of audiences
- Previous experience with a sports team in a related role preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in statistics, engineering, applied math, physics, quantitative social sciences, or computer science
What can you expect?
This role maintains traditional business hours including some evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as business needs arise.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Experience Preferred 3
How did you hear about this job?