The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Global Partnership Solutions Activation Intern with Phoenix Suns in Phoenix · AZ
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Phoenix Mercury are currently seeking a part-time, seasonal intern! Our intern will need to be available the entire Phoenix Mercury season including all home games(April - October or later depending on post season opportunities). They will work closely with the GPS team fulfilling corporate sponsorship agreements!
What we need from our Intern:
The GPS Activation Intern will work all Phoenix Mercury home games. Game time duties will include assisting with hospitality elements for Marketing Partners who are in attendance, preparing contest props & prizes for all sponsor related promotions, executing contestant waivers for select promotions and assisting with execution of in-game promotions. They will also compose the format of all in-game elements & intern responsibilities on a game-by-game basis via Tip Off inventory tracking sheet, prepare event and hospitality spaces.
During office ours, the intern will assist with maintaining inventory of sponsorship and autographed items, updating and tagging partner photos after every game on Chorus software, preparing gift bags for games and special events, and updating department contact list for internal use on game nights. Additional office duties will include:
- Handling signage timing reports
- Assisting with GPS recaps
- Working with GPS department to fulfill our sponsorship agreements:
- Assisting with contractual fulfillment such as "Onsite Activation", "Drive To Retail Events", "Player/Talent Appearances"
- Assisting with basketball clinics, fantasy camps and open practices
- Activating Marketing Partner-related promotions both in the community and in-arena on game days
- Assisting in the correspondence and communication with Marketing Partners
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Conscientious and detail oriented
- Ability to take initiative, be ambitious and proactive in an independent working with limited supervision
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Be action orientated and accountable
- Must be a college junior, senior or enrolled in a Master’s program
- Pursuing a marketing, business or sports related degree (preferred)
- Possess a valid Driver's License with a good driving record in the last three years
What Can You Expect?
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
- Should be able to work every home game plus 15-20 office hours per week
- Internship is anticipated to last the entire season (candidate must be available for preseason duties and for the entire regular season, playoffs could go through the end of October)
- Reliable transportation is needed from TSRA to Madhouse on McDowell as well as for vendor/product pickups
- Will lift up to 30 pounds as needed
- Must have housing in the Phoenix metro area for the duration of the internship (Housing will not be provided by Phoenix Mercury)
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
How did you hear about this job?