The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Control Room Technician - Phoenix Suns (Phoenix · AZ)
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
The Control Room Technician is responsible for operation and organization of all video and broadcast systems in the 6th floor video control room. This includes in-house video production equipment, editing systems, control room equipment, supporting arena events, such as, concerts, sporting events (arena football, wrestling, college basketball, etc.), other events (religious gatherings, corporate events) with a primary focus on NBA and WNBA basketball and IFL football games.
What we need from our Technician:
- Assist and direct freelance staff on use of video systems.
- Support Game Presentation and Marketing with video support and content creation
- Be a backup game director when needed
- Train new users on operating video systems
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Operational understanding of common video control room systems including replay, video switching, content playback, LED control, video shading, lighting control and graphics
- Ability to communicate quickly and clearly in a live video control room environment
- Content creation using a variety of image and video editors; Ross Expression, Daktronics Content Studio, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop
- Ability to do basic troubleshooting and find workarounds/solutions
- Strong organizational aptitude.
- Bachelors Degree or Technical Certification in Video and Broadcast
- Five years technical support/operation in professional broadcast (sports preferred)
- Three years of technical operations experience at a sports venue or sports network
What You Can Expect:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position attends all home games and a minimum of (75%) of events including community and member events both on and off site. Due to the game/event needs this role has a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays. During the season, overtime will be required to meet the needs of the organization. Approximately 95% of the work in this role takes place in an indoor environment.
- Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a productions rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
- Ability to work and communicate in noisy environments
- Ability to judge distance
- This role is computer based and will require extended periods of time working in front of a computer screen
- Capable of distinguishing colors and shades of color
- Capable of listening carefully and speaking to others on the telephone/two-way radio
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V