The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Associate Director of Graphics - Phoenix Suns (Phoenix · AZ)
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
Leading the graphic design and branding side of our in-house Centercourt Studios (CCS) creative and content department. The Associate Director brings specialized knowledge, first-rate design techniques, and impeccable project management skills and work within deadlines with little oversight or guidance.
The Associate Director of Graphics is among the best and most innovative designers in sports and entertainment, and serves as lead designer, providing groundbreaking solutions, and guide a team of skilled graphic designers.
The Associate Director will collaborate with his/her team, the broader Centercourt Studios team, as well as cross functional marketing partners to develop visual branding assets as needed and briefed in.
Centercourt Studios serves all cross functional marketing teams, the ticketing and partnership groups, Phoenix Suns Charities and the broader organization, providing assets distributed internally and externally across social, broadcast, digital, earned media, paid media and in-venue. This artist, contributor and team leader must have a firm grasp on the artistic, technical and storytelling aspects of this role. Understanding of the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury, the NBA, WNBA and its culture is essential.
Organizationally, the Associate Director will report to the Centercourt Studio Director. The Director is responsible for ensuring all creative development is on brand, on time, and purposeful. Also, reporting to the CCS Director is a Strategic Planner and Assistant Strategic Planner. Their responsibilities will include reviewing creative briefs to determine functional outputs, and working with the Associate Director to assign shooters, producers, and editors to complete projects.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, to manage, lead, and develop a team of graphic and motion graphics designers.
- Manage a wide range of graphic design projects from start to finish, taking part in every step along the way and delivering a professional product in the end.
- Serve as lead designer on all large-scale productions.
- Create team & brand assets, build fan affinity, and drive business objectives.
- Deliver industry leading collateral that includes but not limited to: brand campaign, logos, sales collateral, arena signage, invites, and other requested materials.
- Bring an entrepreneurial approach to the role and the department to help make good ideas great, and drive revenue through branding development and distribution.
- Collaborate with departments across the organization and bring their vision to life.
- In conjunction with CCS Director, oversee department budget.
- Play a key role in advancing the Suns’ graphic designer efforts, including developing assets, sharing best practices & industry trends, and providing expertise around graphics production, instilling design principles, and leading with a positive can-do philosophy.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
What We Need From Our Candidate:
- Expert on Adobe Creative Cloud programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and have intermediate knowledge of After Effects, Premiere, and Media Encoder.
- Must be able to plan, manage, and execute on large productions, campaigns and deliver top notch, revenue driving designs.
- Well-rounded and highly skilled. Self-starter and independent and able to work without oversite.
- Expert designer with experience and understanding of a wide range of very different projects. Corporate to cutting edge and everything in between.
- Knowledge of the NBA, its culture and the Suns preferred.
- Knowledge of the WNBA, its culture and the Mercury is preferred.
- Creative, collaborative, and energetic approach.
- Be a team player.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Manage, lead and develop a team of designers.
Education and experience:
- Undergraduate degree preferred, but not required.
- 5-10 years of professional experience required.
- Adobe Creative Cloud expert knowledge required.
Work environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role requires the ability to attend games and events. Traditional business hours are anticipated for non-game days. This role experiences flexible scheduling to include. evenings, weekends, some holidays and some overtime as business needs arise.
- Travel may require air travel and/or overnight stays for one or more nights.
- Work includes both indoor and outdoor work with exposure to environmental elements
- Capable of Public Communication, including public speaking
- Ability to judge distance.
- This role is computer based and will require extended periods of time working in front of a computer screen.
- Capable of distinguishing colors and shades of color.
- Capable of listening carefully and speaking to others on the telephone/two-way radio.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Ability to respond quickly to sounds/alarms.
- Ability to see and respond to dangerous situations.
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.