The Group Experience
Providing the Finest in Sports, Entertainment and Community Leadership
Account Executive/ Senior Account Executive, Marketing Partnerships with Phoenix Suns in Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix Suns jobs
Sports Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
Marketing: Business Development
The Account Executive/ Senior Account Executive, Marketing Partnerships is responsible for participating in the achievement of revenue objectives set forth across our portfolio of property rights. She/ he should have the ability to collaborate with prospective and current partners to cultivate solution based marketing partnerships designed to achieve pre-determined KPIs. Must be a dynamic individual who can thrive in a fast paced environment, is a team player and can demonstrate a commitment to our Family Values.
Primary (Essential) Duties
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Cultivate corporate partner relationships with regional, national and global brands to ensure sponsor revenue growth.
- Achieve individual and department business goals through new sales and renewals.
- Possess a clear understanding of the partnership sales process not limited to prospecting, needs analysis, proposal development, presentation skills, negotiation and contracting process.
- Have a clear understanding of all sellable inventory and continuously work to define new sellable assets.
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with all current partners.
- Manage and maintain strong working relationships with our Activation team.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings with department VP.
- Continually manage and update individual sales pipeline through CRM to provide accurate, reliable information for sales and renewal forecasts.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and/ or Abilities
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to adhere to tight timelines
- Must have a strong team work ethic, teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Must be able to maintain awareness of sponsorship/market trends and knowledge relative to current/prospective partners and their competitors executing in other markets and professional sports leagues
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional appearance;
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the venue
Minimum Experience/ Education Requirements
- The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years experience in media and/or sponsorship sales
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and work successfully with all team departments
- Knowledge of sports marketing and sponsorship inventory
- Experience with TV, radio and OOH sales is a +
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- The incumbent works primarily in an office environment but may be expected to attend games and other events on evenings, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
How did you hear about this job?