Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community through basketball? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
Our 2023 Summer Internship Program is an 8-week program crafted to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. We designed our program to deliver real life, hands-on experience that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits.
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you’ll be doing
- Helping research ticket sales prospects and season ticket members, plan and execute events, and assist in running our giveaway and fan experience package inventory.
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders to make sure the Pistons Rewards Program remains best-in-class.
- Supporting the ticket sales and service team in day-to-day tasks and processes.
- Opportunity to make phone calls to engage Pistons fans and sell full season and half season memberships.
What we’re looking for
- College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, focusing on sales, marketing, sport management or a related field.
- A GPA of 3.0 or above is strongly preferred.
- Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and possess a positive attitude.
- Available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor. Some interns must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Ability to commit to the full 8-week assignment.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from The Pistons Performance Center.
- Must be able to provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.