Tax Manager (Part-Time) with Detroit Pistons in Detroit · MI
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Accounting and Finance: Taxes
General Statement of Duties:
- Tax Manager is responsible for coordination of preparation of all federal, state and local, income and excise tax returns for PSE Holding, LLC and its subsidiaries which includes the Detroit Pistons Basketball Company. Responsible for long and short-term tax planning, tax savings opportunities and projections with regard to PSE Holding, LLC and its subsidiaries.
Essential Duties of Position:
- Preparation of tax work papers for federal, state and local corporate income tax returns for PSE Holding, LLC and its subsidiaries.
- Coordinate preparation and filing of federal, state and locate corporate income tax filings with outside accounting firm.
- File extensions for all federal, state and local corporate income tax returns, and benefit plans.
- Project income of PSE Holding, LLC and subsidiaries on a quarterly basis. Provide these estimates to shareholders when necessary.
- Prepare and deposit any estimated tax payments that may be required.
- Coordinate and be the “point person” with regard to any income, sales and use tax audits that may come up from federal, state or local taxing authorities.
- Responsible for coordinating federal, state and local tax savings and planning opportunities.
- Maintenance of tax fixed assets detailed ledgers and calculation of tax depreciation within accounting system (Dynamics GP)
- Work with the accounting department on various special projects on an as needed basis. Examples: Company policies, revenue stream analysis, employee benefit issues, etc.
- Prepare and analyze annual trial balance for the Detroit Pistons Foundation. Coordinate required financial statement audit & preparation of the Form 990. Assist in preparation of board meeting documents and participate in board meetings.
- Coordinate annual 401(k) financial statement audit, filing of Form 5500 and non-discrimination testing for the Palace Sports & Entertainment Employees Savings Plan.
- Responsible for sales and use tax procedures and controls. Initiate monthly sales and use tax deposits for all companies. Monitor sales and use tax deposits to ensure they are being properly calculated and timely deposited.
- Prepare annual sales & use tax returns.
- Review, analyze and estimate the annual personal and real property tax liability and provide estimates to accounting. Prepare annual personal property tax returns
- Prepare and file Form 5500 for employee benefit plan
- Prepare form W-9.
- Assist with various payroll tax issues
- Research various tax issues as needed
- Assist in establishing/preparing various accounting department and company policies.
What We're Looking For:
- Part Time tax professional with 5+ years experience.
- CPA required.
- Experience with multiple flow through and disregarded entity tax preparation.
- Foundation/not-for-profit accounting experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?