Senior Executive, Human Resources with Detroit Pistons in Auburn Hills , MI
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Auburn Hills , MI
Human Resources: Human Resources Management
In Detroit, we strive to build the most successful organization in the NBA both on and off the court.
Are you a human resources executive passionate about leading a best-in-class HR team? Do you love collaborating with others and implementing new initiatives? Do you want to make an impact in your community?
If so, this is the role for you. In this position, you will beleading the human resources department for the Detroit Pistons, Palace Sports & Entertainment, and related properties and entities, including leading a team and overseeing human capital needs and initiatives across the organization. This role is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of the company’s policies relative to employment, compensation, benefits, organizational development, management development, employee culture, recruiting and diversity & inclusion. Your actions, support and engagement will be critical to the success and well-being of the organization and its employees.
What you’ll be doing
What you’ll be doing
- Drive people initiatives through strong and influential communication skills and coaching and provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy, tactics and execution
- Craft and execute a recruiting and deployment strategy to meet strategic objectives
- Build and deliver the annual Human Resources Strategic Plan, aligned with annual business goals
- Provide consultation and support to managers on employee relations issues, develop and communicate applicable company policies and support compliance with employment law
- Optimize and lead the review process, identify the need for employee development, retention strategies, organizational planning and career development
- Evaluate current business processes to identify necessary systems and tools (ex: HRIS), optimize those processes and seek feedback from all partners to optimize the employee experience
- Provide relevant data and recommendations to guide HR related decision-making
- Liaise with company executives and ownership on all executive employment topics, insurance related topics, employment agreements and decision-making
- Build and evolve a great corporate culture through recruitment, policy, teambuilding, culture, employee events, and collaboration with all departments
- Represent the Detroit Pistons on all monthly NBA Team HR Calls as well as any All Team HR gatherings and league meetings
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of increasingly senior level Human Resources experience, preferably in team sports, entertainment, retail, consumer goods, hospitality, startup or other sales/marketing-oriented companies
- A blend of general HR, recruiting, relations and organizational/talent development experience combined with HR team and or department leadership experience
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills and a drive to improve those around you
- A balance of strong entrepreneurial spirit and strong analytical skills
- A BA/BS (ideally relating to Business and/or Human Resources), with Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- Excellent relationship-building skills and enjoys working with others
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and a demonstrable ability to balance multiple priorities, processes, and data across teams
- Impeccable judgment, tact and patience in a fast-paced environment, and expectations of complete confidentiality on all business matters
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental principle at the Detroit Pistons. Accordingly, our EEO Policy provides that all employment decisions will be based on merit and valid job qualifications and will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, veteran status, familial status, or any or status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How did you hear about this job?