Security Representative (Part Time) with Detroit Pistons in Detroit · MI
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
Protects the organization’s physical assets by maintaining and safeguarding the physical perimeter, exterior and interior, of the Pistons Performance Center. This position is responsible for responding to and overseeing emergency situations and coordinating with external resources.
Include the following as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Provide security protection for the Pistons Performance Center facility, proprietary material and personnel within the areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft or intentional destruction.
- Monitor flow of personnel entering and exiting the facility. Audit personnel/visitor authorization and control activities to verify personal and organization ID.
- Ensure the protection of employees, guests and patrons to include potential situations and physical confrontations.
- Visually inspect common areas to prevent any hazards, ensure proper safety procedures are followed and provide documentation of security, fire and safety deficiencies.
- Escort guests and organization personnel throughout the facility as directed.
- Conducts executive services details as directed by the Director of Security or Manager of Security.
- Respond to emergency situations, including employee injuries.
- Respond to incidents, investigate, interview and gather pertinent information to complete incident reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and improved security programs.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all security orders, written and oral, pertaining to assigned duties.
- Provide an atmosphere in which all Detroit Pistons employees and visitors know that the Detroit Pistons responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the Pistons and its security department.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to administer basic First Aid instructions.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Security, law enforcement, fire/medical service or military experience required and CPR/First-Aid and AED training preferred
- Driver’s license preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in emergencies and must possess effective communication skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to engage with fellow Security Team members and the general public in a professional manner
- Ability to navigate windows-based security software such as CCTV, access control, visitor management login/logout and fire/life safety systems
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of employees and guests
- Must be able to bend and lift objects necessary to perform primary duties
- Must be able to work in a variety of climates including extreme heat/cold, humidity, rain and darkness
- Must be able to defend self or others, using minimal force if necessary and only in accordance with corporate use of force policies
- Scheduling flexibility and ability to work event days as well as non-event days
- Must pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle history check in accordance with company policy and periodically checked thereafter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Did you hear about this posting through the Detroit HBCU Alumni Network?
Did you hear about this through an HBCU/Handshake?