Security Operations Center Operator with Detroit Pistons in Detroit, MI
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit, MI
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Provide security protection by utilizing and monitoring electronic surveillance systems and other monitoring devices. Utilize and maintain electronic surveillance and detection systems through security console operations that include security, fire, access control and executive support. Function in a liaison role with the Midtown Security groups, law enforcement and Little Caesars Arena personnel during the NBA season. Dispatch and coordinate responses and communication during emergency situations.
Include the following as well as other duties that may be assigned.
· Monitor security surveillance systems that include, but are not limited to security, fire, and access control for the Pistons Performance Center. Coordinate responses in the event of an emergency or volatile situation.
· Perform as a central communication command center and serve as an information resource to management, local police and fire, and business unit management in a non-emergency advisory role.
· Coordinate incident management at the Pistons Performance Center with supervision and responsible for documenting and reporting incidents.
· Research data and non-emergency incidents around southeast Michigan and the Pistons Performance Center that may impact business operations. Analyze and make recommendations for business operations based upon data.
· Collaborate with Midtown business partners to gather and share information, statistics and crime trends to better protect areas of business.
· Administer the card access program. Manage and monitor identification card status and usage.
· Ensure protection of proprietary information and advise management of situations where information is jeopardized.
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities; however, the individual dispatches and provides informational work direction to others.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Capable of performing satisfactorily and participating in training sessions to include, but are not limited to CPR, First Aid and defense training.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in emergencies
· Must be computer proficient with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and possess the ability to navigate windows-based security software such as CCTV, access control and fire/life safety systems
· Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective security operations
· Possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
· Must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures. In addition, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers or the general public.
· Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
· Must pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle history check in accordance with company policy and periodically checked thereafter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?