Position Title: Intern, Production & Content
Function: Production & Programming
Status (E/NE, FT/PT): Non-Exempt – Part Time
Reports to Manager, Production & Content
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community through basketball? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
Our 2023 Summer Internship Program is an 8 -week program designed to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. In this role you will be responsible for assisting with the production and development of video content for all Pistons properties.
As the Production & Content Intern you will be an active member of the Pistons in-house video production team. This team is responsible for the production and execution of all Pistons programming including Detroit Pistons home games, digital/social content, TV & radio and Detroit Pistons auxiliary programming.
“Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.”
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as support videographer for event coverage or interviews
- Collaborate with other departments on both internal and external video projects
- Efficiently prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in the organization and structure of current and future projects
- Log and tag assets within Pistons media management platform
What we’re looking for:
- College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, studying video production, film, broadcast & cinematic arts or a related field.
- Enthusiastic creative who is passionate about both their craft and the sports and entertainment industry
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Ability to commit to the full 8-week assignment
- Must have reliable transportation to and from The Henry Ford Detroit Pistons Performance Center and Little Caesars Arena.
- Must be able to provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
- Experience with professional video equipment (cameras, lighting, microphones)
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.