Youth Engagement Intern, Summer 2023
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community through basketball? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
The Youth Engagement Intern will learn the intricacies of an NBA Youth Engagement and Community, Social and Responsibility Department while strengthening their professional attributes.
“Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.”
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat demeanor that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
Internship Dates: This internship will start in June 2023 and go through August 2023
The Youth Engagement and Development Intern will enhance their education by working under the full-time staff and will be supervised by the Youth Engagement and Development Director.
- Assist with on-court execution of Pistons Academy programming while serving as a Camp/Clinic Coach.
- Assist with Pistons Academy website and registration software, including the marketing and promotion of all programs and events
- Assist Pistons Academy camps/clinics/in-arena experiences and promotional opportunities
- Assist in the creation of youth basketball video content and digital assets
Assist with day-to-day camp and clinic staff communication via phone and email
- Analyze parent feedback to identify areas of improvement
- Assist in the response of fan suggestions, questions, complaints or comments via phone and email
- Assist with event day preparation/break down, including copying and organizing materials and equipment
- Work all Pistons Academy camps/clinics as well as Detroit Pistons related events
- Manage and maintain event calendar and customer file system
- Assist with day-to-day camp and clinic staff communication via phone and email
- Will participate in full intern curriculum and events
- Customer service experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Able to work extended hours, including events on nights and weekends. Exceptional professionalism and polish in demeanor and appearance
- Basketball playing, coaching and/or officiating experience suggested but not required
- Ability to do some heavy lifting of equipment (25-35 pounds)
- Clean driving record required
- This position currently is subject to a COVID-19 vaccination and booster requirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.