Motion Graphics Designer - Detroit Pistons (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
The Motion Graphics Designer leads creative development for all motion graphic projects in-arena and across our digital/social channels for Pistons Entertainment franchise projects, sponsors and business units. Responsible for concepting, storyboarding, designing, animating, and delivering compelling strategies in-line with organizational objectives, the Motion Graphics Designer , understands the highly nuanced facets of each business vertical he/she supports. A digital-savvy, strategic design thinker at heart, the Motion Graphics Designer is expected to be a team player, synthesizer of ideas, and a spark for innovative thinking across the organization. Guided by a positive attitude, collaborative spirit, strong organizational skills, and an efficient workflow, the Motion Graphics Designer consistently demonstrates dependability and a commitment to meeting the deadlines of our high volume creative studio. Bringing a passion for both their craft and the sports and entertainment industry, the Motion Graphics Designer must be vested in maintaining the championship caliber standards which thread across all areas of our organization. We're looking for someone who has an interest in content marketing and visual storytelling, as well as a passion for building a career in sports and entertainment.
We are an organization that is committed to leadership in our community, diversity and inclusion, teamwork, our customers and personal character and accountability. We are seeking a driven addition to reflect our core values. We consider ourselves an extension of The Pistons brand, we are excited to engage with the Detroit community, and we want to meet you!
What you'll be doing:
- Leads development, storyboarding, and execution of motion design strategies in harmonious alignment with project goals, organizational brand guidelines, content marketing plans and sponsorship activation strategies
- Effectively and efficiently champions motion design production for a range of mediums across digital properties, social media channels, and in-arena video boards
- Presents motion design strategies to leadership, project stakeholders, and partners
- Collaborates across business verticals and marketing disciplines to co-create large-scale campaigns, projects, and initiatives
- Identifies and implements design best practice motion tools, templates and technologies to drive both effectiveness and efficiency
- Organizes and maintains the motion graphic elements library ensuring that projects are properly archived
- Trains team members on usage of motion design templates and technologies
- Guides appropriate external production resources as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Motion design portfolio demonstrating strong strategic design sensibilities which would translate to working within our range of Detroit Pistons franchise brands
- Shown experience developing and executing multi-faceted, in-venue motion design strategies
- Digital design experience (social, web, email and mobile)
- Professional competency using Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and various 3-D software platforms
- Commitment to meeting deadlines and delivering inspired creative outputs under the systemic pressure of working in a sports and entertainment environment
- Ability to manage time independently and multiple jobs simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to design within the constraints of brand standards
- Strong self-organization skills
- Team-centric attitude and approach
- Flexibility to work extended hours, nights and weekend as needed to meet the non-traditional nature of our businesses
- Willingness to learn and utilize a sophisticated project management system
- Fundamental graphic design expertise including strong typography and illustration skills
- Professional competency in photography retouching (Photoshop, Lightroom or comparable)
- Baseline understanding in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Did you hear about this posting through the Detroit HBCU Alumni Network?
Did you hear about this through an HBCU/Handshake?