Motion Design Intern
Circle: Brand Strategy
Status (E/NE; FT/PT): Non-Exempt; Intern
Reports to: Creative Director
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week + nights, holidays and weekends as necessary
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community through basketball? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
Our Summer 2023 Motion Design Internship Program is designed to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. We designed our program to deliver real life, hands-on experience that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits.
“Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.”
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you’ll be doing
- Developing motion graphics packages for a range of mediums across digital properties, social media channels, and in-arena video boards
- Facilitating project requests from departments across the Pistons Organization, including Partnerships, Membership, Marketing, Game Presentation, Retail, Basketball Operations, HR, and others.
- Maintaining the motion graphic elements library ensuring that projects are properly archived
- Collaborating across Brand Marketing verticals on design and activation strategies
What we’re looking for
- College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, studying Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Motion Design, or a related field.
- Enthusiastic motion designer who is passionate about both their design craft and the sports and entertainment industry
- A strong portfolio that shows refined motion design skills, inspired creative vision, strong technical acumen, and demonstrated understanding of graphic design
- Must be flexible and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor. Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Ability to commit to at least the summer semester, but preferably through fall and winter as well.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from The Henry Ford Detroit Pistons Performance Center and Little Caesars Arena.
- Must be able to provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.