Manager, Youth Engagement & Development - Detroit Pistons (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Marketing: Fan Development
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
Responsible for assisting the Director in the execution of all Pistons Academy youth basketball experiences and providing support for all company-wide initiatives.
We are looking for a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can lead and connect with a diverse population!
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the on-court execution of Pistons Academy programming while serving as a Camp, Clinic, League and Tournament Director
- Assist the Director in the growth and expansion of all Pistons Academy programming
- Supervise the Coordinator and support staff/coaches in the daily operations of programs and events, including staff scheduling and supporting the hiring and training process
- Serve as a liaison between Pistons Academy and host facilities to secure and fulfill contractual obligations, waivers, and certificates of insurance
- Assist the Director in creating, administrating and adhering to a yearly budget for all Pistons Academy youth basketball programming
- Lead all aspects of Pistons Academy website and registration software, including the marketing and promotion of all programs and events
- Work closely with Accounting and host facilities to ensure collection/payment for all programs
- Run Pistons Academy game-day/in-arena experiences and promotional opportunities
- Assist the Director in the creation of youth basketball video content and digital assets
- Assist the Director in providing basketball opportunities that enhance offerings for Group Sales, Corporate Partners and CSR department
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports/Event Management/Business Management, Marketing, Advertising, or related field required.
- 3-5 years’ experience with promotions in sports, entertainment and/or agency background
- Basketball playing, coaching and/or officiating experience suggested but not required
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a strongly collaborative environment, while still being a self-starter
- Exceptional professionalism and polish in demeanor and appearance
- Strong attention to detail, timeliness, and organization
- Able to work extended hours, including events on nights and weekends
- Clean driving record required
- Ability to do some heavy lifting of equipment (25-35 pounds)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Did you hear about this posting through the Detroit HBCU Alumni Network?
Did you hear about this through an HBCU/Handshake?