Maintenance HVAC Technician with Palace Sports & Entertainment/Detroit Pistons in Auburn Hills · MI
Palace Sports & Entertainment/Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Auburn Hills · MI
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Maintenance
As the Maintenance HVAC Technician, you will be responsible for the facility repair and maintenance at all company buildings, properties, venues, and equipment. The Maintenance HVAC Technician’s responsibilities will not be limited to HVAC systems. The role may include repairs and maintenance to include any and all building trade work. The role will also include various new projects and renovations. The role will include working events, weekends and may include Holidays depending on the event schedule. Driving in your personal vehicle may be required with a mileage reimbursement. This role will also be “on call” unless on vacation or otherwise approved by reporting manager.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Install, maintain and repair HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems
- Responsible for managing all building controls by utilizing BAS and Energy Management Systems and metering
- Perform general maintenance to HVAC and other systems
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment
- Read technical blueprints
- Contact & coordinate professionals and specialty vendors for repairs as needed
- Keeping daily logs and records of maintenance and filters
- Ensure compliance with local, building, electrical and OSHA codes
- Apply for and maintain licenses, permits or other required documentation to operate machinery in compliance with local, state and federal regulations as required
· Use a variety of tools and equipment, measuring devices, power tools, ladders, scaffolding, testing equipment, lifts, ORVs and forklifts
- Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs.
- Assist in capital projects and repairs to facilities in any trade capacity as required including carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, painting, concrete and masonry patching, flooring and site work
- Interact and engage in a timely professional manner when resolving problems and requests from building tenants, guests & employees
- Working knowledge of boilers, kitchen equipment, air/water systems, balancing, plumbing systems
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 4 years of experience as an HVAC Technician
- Basic computer & mobile device skills including working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays and travel between various properties
- Exhibit critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail oriented with ability to manage time efficiently
- Must also have a solid working knowledge of OSHA safety standards and work habits, building codes and safety regulations
Valid Michigan Drivers License and reliable transportation, auto insurance and reliable vehicle
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?