Inside Sales Intern with Detroit Pistons in Detroit · MI
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Our 2020 Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program designed to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. We designed our program to deliver real life, hands-on experience that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Selling new full season memberships, half season memberships, partial plans, group tickets, luxury suites and loge boxes for the Detroit Pistons
- Selling memberships to DTE Energy Music Theatre, Meadowbrook Music Theatre and Freedom Hill Amphitheater
- Continuously develop new relationships through phone calls, prospecting, sales tables, seat visits, networking events and out of office appointments
- Conducting in-arena appointments and tours of Little Caesars Arena to assist in generating new business and developing new relationships
- Answering incoming single game ticket calls with the ability to up-sell callers into packages, groups, and suite rentals
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records of all current clients and prospects with our CRM system
- Providing excellent customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone and at games
- Continually create and implement unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities
- Attending weekly meetings and training sessions to develop your career as a sales professional
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months. A GPA of 3.0 or above is strongly preferred.
- Must be highly self-motivated and have a desire to excel in sales
- Individuals must be coachable and possess a positive attitude
- Consistent attendance and on-time arrival daily and on all game nights
- Ability to deliver exemplary customer service
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you find this job through Detroit at Work or Michigan Talent?
Are you a a college student entering your Junior or Senior year, or a recent college graduate within the last six months?
Are you available to work up to 40 hours per week throughout the duration of the internship?
Are you able to commit to a 12 week summer internship assignment?
Are you able to provide yourself with housing and reliable transportation for the duration of the internship?