Head Athletic Trainer with Grand Rapids Drive in Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids Drive jobs
Sports Jobs in Grand Rapids, MI
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
The Head Athletic Trainer for the Grand Rapids Drive will be responsible for medical care of players. The Head Athletic Trainer will work with the athletic training staff for the Detroit Pistons, communicating any developments, and implementing consistent procedures and practices. The position is intended for an organized self-starter who wants to work in professional sports. The position runs from September 2019 through late April 2020.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Administering medical care for Grand Rapids Drive, including injury evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for team
- Work and communicate with athletic training staff and front office staff of the Detroit Pistons
- Coordinate with physicians/medical personnel on pre-participation physicals for all players that meet NBA/G-League requirements
- Coordinate with physicians on care of players
- Maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training room, locker rooms, and other sites as designated
- Report injuries and maintain documentation for worker’s compensation claims
- Game setup and clean-up of home and visiting locker rooms, and official’s locker room
- Oversee Game-Day interns who will assist in all set-up and clean-up
- Other duties as specified by the Head Coach and/or General Manager
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Appropriate education, training, and certification with the National Athletic Trainer’s Association (N.A.T.A.)
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in related field
- Two years of experience as a certified athletic trainer, including graduate assistantships. Preferred: At least one-year of experience as a certified athletic trainer in professional or intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced clinical environment
- Strong communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Additional certifications a plus: CSCS, DPT, CES, PES, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you a college graduate? (Yes / No)
Do you have experience working with a professional or college basketball team? (Yes / No)
Are you professionally certified? (Yes / No)
If so, what are your professional certifications?