Group Sales Account Executive with Detroit Pistons in Detroit · MI
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Are you interested in joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join the Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
As a Group Sales Account Executive, you will sell a full menu of Detroit Pistons ticket related products with a strong emphasis on group, hospitality, and single game suite rental inventory. Other products include season tickets, partial ticket plans and long-term suite leases. We are seeking a team member who can think creatively, bring a strong work-ethic, experience, and positive attitude to one of the top Group Sales Departments in the NBA!
An inventive applicant who leads by example and can connect with a diverse population would excel here. We are interested in an upbeat team member that can function in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple projects, and adhere to deadlines.
What you’ll be doing:
- Generate sales leads through proactive cold calling and networking with prospective clients
- Develop, sell and facilitate Group Theme Night initiatives and private events
- Create new, innovative ways of packaging and selling group tickets to prospective customers
- Work to meet and exceed established weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals and productivity benchmarks
- Use our CRM system, Salesforce, to prospect former buyers and leads to generate new sales
- Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of Little Caesars Arena and the Pistons Performance Center to initiate closing new business and developing new relationships.
- Maintain customer relationships for ongoing renewal and upsell opportunities
- Promote and maintain ongoing/consistent employee group ticket offers to Corporate Partner Accounts and various companies and organizations
- Supporting sales of full, partial and suite rentals
What we’re looking for:
- A four-year college degree at an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of successful sales experience. Previous sports industry experience selling group packages/events and a well-established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area is valued.
- Demonstrated phone sales, cold calling skills and utilizing face to face appointments.
- Demonstrated success creating and overseeing Group Theme Night ticket initiatives.
- An enthusiastic and innovative team member.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- The ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients during home games and escort potential customers on seat tours, showing various seating options and facilities on both game days and non-game days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Describe a Group Theme Night ticket initiative you have implemented? If not, please provide an idea of a Theme Night you would look to implement.