Facility Management Intern - Detroit Pistons (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Are you interested in joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission.
As the Facility Management Intern, you will be supporting all aspects of the Facility Management Department with the primary responsibilities of managing events for the Detroit Pistons and Detroit Cruise. Responsibilities include coordinating sales and marketing activation events with each facilities operation’s teams for NBA and G-League events.
We are seeking a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population, and we are excited to meet you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist Event Manager at LCA for Pistons home games in coordinating with Olympia Entertainment all sales and marketing initiatives, game day set up and guest experience
- Assist with and manage Detroit Pistons events at LCA
- Assist with and manage Detroit Pistons events at the Pistons Performance Center
- Assist with and manage Motor City Cruise events at WSU arena
- Assist in managing conversion and transporting needed items at events offsite including the conversion of all G-League assets at WSU arena
- Assist in management and oversight of 3rd party vendors at LCA, WSU and PPC events
- Assist Facility Management leaders with special projects
What we’re looking for:
- Currently working towards Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent relationship-building skills and enjoys working with others, but also maintains strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and a shown ability to balance multiple priorities, processes, and data
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Tact and patience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team building and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle highly confidential information is required
- Able to work a varying work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Candidates must have the ability to receive directions and requests from multiple sources and effectively prioritize their work.
- Ability to work long hours on event days and be able to lift 25-35 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Did you hear about this posting through the Detroit HBCU Alumni Network?
Did you hear about this through an HBCU/Handshake?