Creative Director with Detroit Pistons in Detroit · MI
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
Are you looking to joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
As the Creative Director, you will develop and run the Detroit Pistons creative executions across all internal and external applications. You will lead a staff of designers and other creatives in all brand initiatives and collaborate with all other departments within the organization to concept and execute all creative needs. You will also monitor the creative project workflow for the entire organization to ensure all deadlines are met. We are looking for a team member with a positive upbeat attitude that can lead and connect with a diverse population!
What you’ll be doing :
- Develop and provide recommendations for creative brand elements for year-long brand campaign
- Oversee and participate in design of Pistons creative for all digital, social, in-arena, print, advertising and internal communications
- Lead development of all high-end partnership pitch decks and other creative needs and then ensure proper execution of all creative elements sold within partnership deals
- Support script writing and storyboard creation for all prominent Pistons video production
- Collaborate on video and photo shoots with both internal and external production teams
- Provide game night in-arena and social support as needed
- Build and maintain the Pistons brand in all heritage applications at Little Caesars Arena in collaboration with OEI team
- Support basketball ops staff with all brand applications needed to attract potential free agents, get key messages across to the players, assist the coaching staff and create a world-class environment for the team
- Work with key members of ownership group to ensure owner’s brand is represented properly with approved imagery and messaging
- Manage, assign and approve all organization creative orders to ensure high design standards, copy accuracy and deadlines being met
- Hire and lead design and print production staff
- Lead brainstorming and creative sessions
- Assign and approve all design projects to ensure brand integrity both from internal design team and any outside partner/vendor designs that include the Pistons brand
- Maintain relationships with print vendors and oversee all branding installations at various Pistons venues
- Attend weekly organizational meetings as a representative of Creative & Communications dept.
What we’re looking for:
- Graphic Design/Visual Communications degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of graphic design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with great problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead/supervise a staff
- Ability to work non-traditional work hours
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How did you hear about this job?
Did you hear about this posting through the Detroit HBCU Alumni Network?
Did you hear about this through an HBCU/Handshake?