Manager, Partnership Engagement
Revenue – Corporate Partnerships & Partnership Engagement
Status (E/NE, FT/PT):
Director, Partnership Engagement
Are you looking to join a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission!
“Here at the Detroit Pistons, we are focused on equality for all. We work collaboratively to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that celebrates our differences while driving innovation and equity. Creating impactful experiences on and off the court is what we do - and ensuring that everyone has a voice is how we do it.”
As the Partnership Engagement Manager, you'll be responsible for the execution of annual Palace Sports & Entertainment / Detroit Pistons sponsorship agreements. In this role, you'll work closely to manage day-to-day sponsorship engagement activities aimed to ensure all agreements are being fulfilled and providing outstanding client service to our corporate partners. We are looking for a team member with a positive upbeat attitude that can lead and connect with a diverse population!
What you’ll be doing
- Acting as a key contact with assigned Partners (clients), maintaining day-to-day relationships between Partners and internal departments
- Working with Partners to identify clear and measurable business objectives specific to their goals
- Co-developing and executing partnership activation plans that most effectively uses our assets and capabilities, builds our partners’ business, and delivers on objectives
- Delivering bold and innovative marketing concepts and strategies that achieve partner objectives
- Evaluating effectiveness of plans regularly and adjust as needed
- Developing strategic alliances between partners that capture collaborative efficiency across multiple platforms and mediums
- Entertaining and hosting high-level corporate executives
- Daily interaction with the Creative & Communications department ensuring implementation of partner contract elements are in place and executed
- Creating, managing, and tracking of all partner budgets
- Executing partner events, including but not limited to, Community Relation events, Retail location events, VIP Receptions
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years related or industry experience
- A proven track record of effectively managing multiple accounts
- Collaborative teammate with strong leadership and strategy development skills
- Understanding of event production and execution
- Marketing plan and promotional development and execution experience
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong relationship building skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Self-motivated and able to push projects through autonomously while also being committed to a collaborative environment and culture
- Familiar with managing multiple projects, schedules, budgets, and clients at the same time
- Available to work extended hours including games and events on evenings and weekends
- Comfortable working in a sales environment and having basic negotiation discussions
The Detroit Pistons organization is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from public health authorities and our medical advisors, we require that all Pistons employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for exemptions to accommodate individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.