Building & Grounds Technician - Detroit Pistons (Clarkston · MI)
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Clarkston · MI
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
As the Building and Grounds Technician, you will manage and maintain the facilities and grounds at DTE Energy Music Theater, Meadow Brook and Michigan Lottery Amphitheater. This position will be a full-time day position that will include working off hours and overtime as needed to support events and weather. The position will include supporting the physical plant on various projects and repairs. This position requires a positive attitude and work ethic. This position includes being responsible, proactive and receptive to learning new processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversight, management, and participation of lawn mowing and maintenance.
- Oversight, management, and participation of tree and shrub maintenance.
- Oversight, management, and participation of chemical lawn, tree, and shrub treatments.
- Oversight, management, and participation of pest control.
- Oversight, management, and participation of irrigation systems.
- Oversight, management and maintenance of pond and waterfall pumps.
- Safely operating maintenance tools and equipment.
- Safely operating maintenance vehicles.
- Snowplowing, salting, shoveling all hard surfaces.
- Site cleanup following events.
- Operating generators and air compressors.
- Operating forklifts, scissor lifts and articulating boom lifts.
- Supporting physical plant staff for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing repair and maintenance.
- Supporting physical plant staff for Carpentry, Painting and Roofing repairs.
- Supporting OEI conversions, housekeeping, box office, security, event staff as needed.
- Supporting 313 marketing, sales and event staff as needed.
- Support tour needs as they arise.
- Winterizing and de-winterizing venues.
- Removal and replacement of trees, shrubs and/or flowers.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years of related experience
- This position is service-oriented requiring excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to interact positively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Competence in MS Office software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must be able to wok highly varied and flexible hours in support of live events (i.e. nights, weekends and holidays).
- Must also have a proven working knowledge of OSHA safety standards and work habits, building codes and safety regulations to maintain all required safety trainings.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Effectively organize and prioritize tasks and schedules with colleagues and vendors.
- Must be able to bend, climb and lift equipment and packages weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to contact vendors, peers and/or technical support services to facilitate timely resolution of operation and technical issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.