Athletic Performance Coach with Grand Rapids Drive in Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids Drive jobs
Sports Jobs in Grand Rapids, MI
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
The Athletic Performance Coach will be responsible for working with the Detroit Pistons’ Performance staff to design, develop, and implement comprehensive athlete-specific plans for the physical aspects that optimize on-court performance. You will be expected to provide specific guidance in the areas of strength and power training, conditioning, and nutrition, as well as assist medical staff in late-stage rehab and return to play scenarios.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Conduct a needs analysis on each athlete and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements and maximize on-court performance. Assessment and testing will be performed by the Athletic Performance Coach to provide relevant data for the needs analysis.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPI) for each athlete, adjusting programming as needed.
- Communicates and works in unison with coaching and player development staff to provide an integrated approach to maximizing on-court performance.
- Performs frequent body composition testing and uses this information in collaboration with Detroit Pistons’ team dietitian to optimize athletic performance and empower athletes to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Implement performance science data collection initiatives in collaboration with Detroit Pistons Performance Staff.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Completed bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physiology, or other related field
- Prior experience in strength and conditioning with a professional team or intercollegiate athletic program
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- CPR/AED certification
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player with strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and written) impeccable organization, and the ability to time-manage and problem-solve
- Willingness to work long hour and travel extensively through the season
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?