Account Executive, Group Sales with Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment in Auburn Hills, MI
Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Auburn Hills, MI
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Since the arrival of new ownership, our organization, leadership team, and operations of The Detroit Pistons NBA team, The Palace of Auburn Hills, DTE Energy Music Theatre, and Meadow Brook Music Festival, have been transformed. The Detroit Pistons are one of the NBA’s most storied franchises and the entertainment business continues to hum at each of our venues. We are committed to the achievement of our mission: to come together and thrill our fans and our community, and we would like you to help us in this endeavor.
As a Group Sales Account Executive, you will sell a comprehensive array of Palace Sports & Entertainment ticket related products for all properties, with a strong emphasis on group, hospitality and single game suite rental inventory. Other products include season tickets, partial ticket plans and long term suite leases.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Upholding sales of full, partial and group outing ticket packages, as well as single game suite rentals and annual suite leases for both the Detroit Pistons and non-basketball events
- Maintaining business relationships for on-going renewal and upsell opportunities
- Working to meet and exceed established weekly, monthly and annual sales goals
- Implementing and demonstrating outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and personal database management
- Generating a prearranged minimum number of outgoing phone calls per day with the purpose of creating new business opportunities
- Initiating a minimum number of weekly out of office as well as in arena “face-to-face” meetings to create new business opportunities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A four-year college degree at an accredited college or university
- A minimum of two years of successful sales experience with a well-established network of clients in the Detroit Metro area preferred
- Strong organizational, time-management, communication, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional effective listening, service orientation, and customer service skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines
- The ability to navigate the arena in order to visit clients during home games and escort potential customers on seat tours, showing various seating options and facilities on both game days and non-game days
- A contentious, accomplished sales professional who leads by example, possesses the ability to establish solid business relationships, maintains a professional attitude and maximizes opportunities to increase revenue potential
How did you hear about this job?