50/50 Raffle Team Member - Detroit Pistons (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Pistons jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Foundation/Community Relations
Are you an highly motivated, enthusiastic and hard-working individual who is passionate about charity and sales? Then we want you to represent the Detroit Pistons Foundation 50/50 Raffle!
The Detroit Pistons Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is seeking a team of 50/50 Raffle Sellers to support our raffle fundraiser. In this position, you will be the driving sales force behind the 50/50 Raffle program. 50/50 raffles take place during select Detroit Pistons home games. Each game, one individual will win half of the net proceeds, and the remaining proceeds will benefit the Detroit Pistons Foundation.
You will be responsible for the nightly sales and reconciliation of the raffle program, beginning when doors open and ending during the third quarter. This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about our growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization. We are looking for a team member with a positive, upbeat attitude that can lead and connect with a diverse population!
This is a seasonal, part-time position and is based in Detroit, MI.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively sell, handle, and distribute 50/50 raffle tickets within Little Caesars Arena at either a stationary kiosk, or as a roaming sales representative, prior to and during Detroit Pistons games
- Ability to energetically approach and speak to a large number of fans at each home game
- Use mobile handheld device, printers and credit card terminals for the sale of 50/50 Raffle tickets
- Accurately handle and maintain security of cash from raffle ticket sales until reconciliation at the end of each shift
- Communicate and educate fans about 50/50 Raffle details and rules
- Represent the Detroit Pistons and Detroit Pistons Foundation in a positive manner as brand ambassadors, while providing world class service to our fans
- Understand the individual missions of the Detroit Pistons Foundation. Be able to effectively communicate and deliver information regarding the organizations’ charitable endeavors
What we’re looking for:
- Responsible, motivated individual with a competitive spirit
- Prior experience in cash handling and customer service / sales
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable with technology (i.e. tablets, printers and credit card readers)
- Ability to interact positively with fans and other motivated, high-energy sales teammates
- 18 years of age or older by first day of employment
- Must attend a mandatory group training session
Must be able to work non-traditional days and hours based on the Detroit Pistons season schedule (October-April) with the possibility of post-season games.
Typical Raffle hours*:
4:30 pm – 9:30 pm (for a 7:00 PM Tip-off)
- Raffle hours subject to change based on length of game or special events
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to moderate - high noise level
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- Extended periods of time walking, standing or climbing stairs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Did you hear about this posting through the Detroit HBCU Alumni Network?
Did you hear about this through an HBCU/Handshake?