Position Title: Director, Partnership & Digital Marketing Analytics
Function: Sponsorship & Marketing Analytics
Status (E/NE, FT/PT): Exempt, Full-Time
Reports to: VP, Business Intelligence
Are you interested in joining a team of go-getters dedicated to serving and uplifting the community? Join Detroit Pistons team and our mission to empower!
The Director, Partnership & Digital Marketing Analytics will be a leader within the Business Intelligence team at the Pistons and will directly support revenue growth within both the Corporate Partnerships team and our digital performance marketing efforts across all properties including the Pistons, Motor City Cruise and Pistons GT. Serving as a direct point of contact to the sales leadership and marketing teams, this role will supervise a team of analytics professionals supporting research efforts, data visualizations, digital activation, surveying and omni-channel digital marketing.
We are seeking for a team member with a positive upbeat attitude that can connect with a diverse population!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a team supporting research to drive toward annual Corporate Partnership revenue goals
- Identify revenue opportunities at the asset, category and prospect levels and help discover the appropriate data story to present to current and prospective partners
- Support the development and implementation of operational strategies that drive new revenue, including signage opportunities, new asset creation, etc.
- Handle vendor relationships and be an organizational subject matter expert around known industry data sources including TV visible signage valuation, social media monitoring tools, surveying, etc.
- Lead digital performance marketing strategy across both Partnerships and Ticket Sales & Service with a focus on growing revenues while maximizing Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Work within the larger Business Intelligence function at the Pistons to support revenue growth, database acquisition and operational efficiency
- Build bench-marking metrics and dashboards to provide clear insight into historical, current and projected performance
- Collaborate with email and digital marketing departments to optimize communication strategies for the Pistons Corporate Partnerships team
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to address specific business questions and produce useful insights
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience working in a sports or entertainment organization is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the global sponsorship space including measurement tools (Nielsen suite, social media valuation, etc.)
- Omni-channel digital marketing experience with an emphasis on building and deploying successful social media campaigns
- Ability to lead a team and support a fast-paced, results driven organization
- Proficiency working with business intelligence visualization solutions, Tableau preferred
- Proficiency working with survey platforms, Qualtrics preferred
- Ability to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel and transition that data to various presentation tools
- An understanding of relational databases and data integration design is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Maturity, professionalism, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to efficiently collaborate with multiple departments and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Strategic planner and analytical problem solver
- Positive and proactive demeanor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.