This position is responsible for distributing and maintaining inventory for all equipment related to the Fever Basketball Team. In addition, this position hires, supervises and manages the ball kids and the ball kid program. This position works with coaches for daily practice needs, assists the visiting team with their needs, and handles the needs of the team when they are on the road, including assisting with travel. This position is a seasonal position that will work full time hours from April through the end of the Fever season (September).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for all equipment including, but not limited to, player uniforms, practice gear, shoes, travel bags, etc. Also includes coordination of other supplies for the team such as drinks, basketballs, locker room needs, practice equipment, and other needs for players and coaches.
2. Responsible for the distribution and maintenance of player equipment including, but not limited to, daily laundry, laundry and distribution of equipment on road trips, laundry for visiting teams, etc…This position also does all packing for the road trips.
3. This position is responsible for maintaining a system for the distribution of equipment and then reconciling this at the end of the season with an annual inventory. They work with the Director of Basketball Operations on reorders based upon a predetermined budget.
4. Works with coaches on daily practice needs for players and team practices at home and on the road. Runs a scoreboard/shot clock/keeps up with the schedule to be sure the equipment is there when they need it (whistles, ladders, playboards, etc…)
5. General upkeep and maintenance of player locker room such as repair orders, player name ordering on lockers, storage and cleaning.
6. Ensure there are clean towels and other equipment is available at all times.
7. Manages the visiting team needs such as locker room needs, laundry, drinks, and practice needs. Makes sure their locker room is set up properly and stocked.
8. Hire, manage and supervise 20-24 ball kids, including, but not limited to, recruiting and hiring of kids, game assignments, determining specific job duties, and training on an annual basis.
9. Shares supervision responsibilities for the equipment intern.
10. Assist with team travel responsibilities such as loading of equipment, laundry, bus transportation needs and other needs that arise on the road.
11. Assist coaching staff with offseason player workouts.
12. Run errands outside the Fieldhouse as directed by coaching staff, basketball staff and athletic training staff.
13. Help out Fever Admin as needed with any projects including helping to get the players set up with their apartments and cars at the beginning of the season.
14. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Former Division I Equipment Manager or Team Manager preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Manager, Clients, Customers, and the general public.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as basic mathematical concepts and analyzing costs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee works independently most of the time, so must be able to resolve issues and problems on their own without supervision.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
6. Move heavy objects
9. Be exposed to loud noises
10. Be exposed to extreme heat or cold
11. Be exposed to wet conditions
13. Use 10 key calculator
14. Use computer
15. Speak, hear and write
Employee should have a knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Word, the Internet and Microsoft Office products.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.