The usher serves patrons attending events at Gainbridge Fieldhouse and sets the tone for the quality of service we provide to all guests and is required as an employee of PSE. This position also helps to maintain a fan-friendly environment while ensuring the safety of our guests. This position will achieve these goals by greeting guests, scanning tickets, providing directions, reporting issues, and upholding policies of the company in a helpful and professional manner. We can't wait for you to join "The Team Behind the Team!"
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are examples of the various functions required of the position. The job requirements are not limited to the items listed:
- Proactively engage guests arriving and leaving the event in a professional, passionate, outgoing, and friendly manner utilizing “ELEVATE” principles.
- Submit availability through a digital scheduling platform on a monthly basis.
- Scan and verify appropriate tickets for each event and troubleshoot ticketing issues.
- Ensure guests are seated and granted access to the appropriate areas of the venue. This involves checking tickets and credentials throughout the duration of the event.
- Greet guests by welcoming them to the building and answering their questions.
- Direct guests to their seats and other desired locations throughout the venue
- With training, understand the basics of ADA in a public facility.
- Walk the steps of assigned section throughout the event to ensure aisles are clear.
- Operate elevator as needed.
- Monitor crowd for behavior inconsistent with WNBA/NBA Fan Code of Conduct and building policy and report/intervene when appropriate.
- Remain alert and report excessive alcohol consumption and noncompliance with building alcohol policies.
- Must have knowledge of assigned physical area and be alert to potential concerns (rude/inappropriate behavior, spills, unattended bags, etc.).
- Participate in training & continuing education as provided by PSE to maintain current with needs of position.
- Assist with emergency response being aware of PSE emergency procedures and assisting with emergency evacuations as needed.
- Process event and incident reports as needed, reporting all incidents to Usher Supervisor.
- Perform duties consistent with PSE goals, objectives, and mission statement.
- Assist with distribution of promotional materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job optimally, the individual should be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required; some college useful. Talent is expected to maintain an outstanding knowledge of ticketing, seating, event specific procedures. Talent must also maintain a solid understanding of the arena's emergency, evacuation plans and policies/procedures to ensure that guests can execute them.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must collaborate with various internal and external constituents to solve problems and deliver projects on time with accuracy, integrity and with outstanding customer service.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to optimally perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.