Service Engineer - Physical Security - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Technical Services: IT Database Management/Services
The Service Engineer – Physical Security role is responsible for supporting the technology ecosystem that directly supports Pacers Sports and Entertainment Physical Security. The core responsibilities include building, configuring and maintaining physical servers, and the software that runs our physical security and creating and maintaining documentation for the same. This role will be key in driving our physical security technology ecosystem forward, identifying needed changes and implementing them. Secondarily this position will be required to support general server, end-user computing, conference room and event technologies. The right individual will have good technical knowledge and must be able to communicate effectively to best understand problems and efficiently explain solutions. Additional duties for this position could include: Event technology support, server support, network support, cyber-security duties and other duties as assigned.
This individual must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends and holidays. They must have the ability to work well in stressful situations and meet firm timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for all technologies that are deployed and used in conjunction with physical security servers and server support technologies.
- Identify and drive changes to keep our technology ecosystem current with new technology, security and in optimal running conditions.
- Troubleshoot and mitigate technology issues as they arise in a quick and efficient manner.
- Create and maintain documentation and troubleshooting guides for commonly occurring issues.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on current procedures.
- Provide hands-on technical support for PSE employees and potentially other stakeholders.
- As a front line highly visible employee this position will require an individual who is highly customer service focused and able to model values of ELEVATE program based on Disney Management principals.
- Learn and grow as a technologist; always look for ways to acquire and apply new knowledge to improve processes or efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is an Information Technology role and to that end, this role must have general technical skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in technology and/or equivalent industry experience. In addition, this position requires:
- Demonstrated expert level understanding, including three or more years of experience, with design, deployment and on-going management of Genetech and Archon or similar technologies.
- Experienced technical understanding of the Microsoft Office 365 productivity tools, including, but not limited to, Teams, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive.
- Experienced technical understanding of networking concepts
- Proven ability to work within a team as well as individually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for technology and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and events some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and under firm timelines
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions, reports and technical manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers; must be customer-service oriented. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as making change, analyzing costs, figuring statistics, and making area measurements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach to install computers and peripherals around desks and in other tight spaces.
- Lift and install equipment (computers and peripherals)
- Use computer
- Use telephone
- Speak, hear and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you hear about this job?