Security Operations Center Officer (Part-Time) - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
The Security Operations Center Office will provide a centralized focus of authority and information regarding the comprehensive safety and security operations of the PS&E campus. The Security Operations Center Officer utilizes people, processes, and technology to continuously monitor and improve the security of the PS&E campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone and radio calls, emails alerts, notifications, etc.
- Communicate effectively with various callers, security guards, and others to acquire complete information for vital action(s) for accurate resolution.
- Extensive knowledge of emergency plans and procedures.
- Monitor building systems and quickly initiate emergency procedures in response to a variety of critical situations including fire alarms, emergency medical, weather emergency, gunshot detection system, criminal activities, and others.
- Watch and collect video surveillance.
- Assist security manager with ensuring video surveillance system provides most effective and efficient coverage of campus.
- Ensure safety of traffic flow in and out of the dock areas such as deliveries, ambulances, media, etc.
- Monitor employee, vendor and visitor access.
- Ensure inventory and accountability of badges and security department property.
- Notify public safety of incidents or information related to the safety and security of the campus.
- Make appropriate notifications regarding urgent or business matters.
- Monitor building and campus access, open and close doors, gates and elevators to allow authorized access of employees, deliveries, vendors and visitors.
- Maintain record of daily activities, prepare incident reports, and document issues.
- Assist In-House Security Manager with additional projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by any Safety & Security Manager.
- Various days and hours depending on the needs of PS&E to ensure 24-hour coverage.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Security experience desirable, but not required. PS&E will provide training.
- Valid government issued ID card is required.
- Audio & visual experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are an absolute requirement.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports.
- Ability to write reports and correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from PS&E management and the public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret oral and written directions as well as building maps.
- Ability to manage stress and defuse potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to work well with patrons from varied backgrounds.
PHYSCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use computer
- Use telephone
- Use radio
- Speak, hear, read, and write
- Present with poise, influence, and professionalism
Moderate computer skills required!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually low.
- The noise level in Bankers Life Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level is usually low but can become high at any moment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How did you hear about this job?