Mascot Performer (Part-Time) - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Fort Wayne · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Fort Wayne · IN
This position entertains fans of all ages with physical feats, acrobatic moves, and a sense of humor. The mascot must also have the skills and talents necessary to be a good will ambassador for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help represent the Fort Wayne Mad Ants Professional Basketball Team during community and team events, including charities, sponsors, media, and private functions.
- Being energetic, enthusiastic, and friendly yet can maintain a professional image.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to withstand the demands of performing in costume in all-weather elements.
- Must possess the ability to interact with fans of all ages.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Animation skills as a Mascot in non-speaking characters.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
The ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports is necessary. In addition, one should be able to write reports and correspondence. One is also required to act appropriately in a business setting and effectively communicate with co-workers, clients and the general public.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Move heavy objects
- Work very long and unusual hours
- Be exposed to loud noises
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the Coliseum/game environment is usually loud.
- The weather conditions during outside events can vary
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for certain part-time positions at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment - the position of Part-Time Mascot is one of these positions. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.
Do you have previous mascot experience?
Are you 16 years of age or older?
Are you willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays, if necessary?
How did you hear about this job?