Maintenance Engineer I - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Maintenance
PS&E is seeking a maintenance engineer to assist the other members of the building team with the maintenance of all electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems and equipment on the PSE campus, including Bankers Life Fieldhouse, the St. Vincent Center, and the PSE building. This individual will also assist with the operation of the central plant. While there will be a significant amount of on-the-job training, we are looking for someone who already has a working knowledge of mechanical systems and carpentry skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with central plant operations under supervision, including but not limited to:
- Making necessary adjustments to start up and operate central plant.
- Monitoring various gauges and meters to ensure safe and efficient operation of central plant equipment.
- Logging readings as required.
- Starting and stopping chillers and pumps to maintain proper water temperature to air handling units.
- Tour arena during events to determine comfort level of temperature and anticipate temperature changes due to size and type of event crowds, making necessary adjustments to equipment as needed.
- Assist in preventive maintenance of equipment throughout all buildings.
- Change lights and ballast.
- Change filters, grease motors, and replace belts on HVAC equipment.
- Assist with repair of plumbing fixtures as needed.
- Auger drains.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repairs on restaurant equipment with training and guidance.
- Repair and replace seats as needed.
- Remove snow around building.
- Conduct regular inspections of central plant areas to maintain organization and cleanliness.
- Regularly circulate through the campus buildings to monitor condition of restrooms, plumbing, escalators, elevators and lights and resolve any problems.
- Assist in performing miscellaneous maintenance-related tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (minimum)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic working knowledge of mechanical systems and carpentry skills is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, instructions and reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Basic math skills are required, including the ability to use and read rulers and other measuring devices, interpret technical diagrams and reports and read architectural and engineering plans.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS
Employee must have the ability to learn, be trained and understand the basics of heating, ventilation and air conditioning. This knowledge comes into play when determining when to start air conditioning, evaluating Fieldhouse comfort level and adjusting control temperature for events and maintaining proper ice temperature for ice events. Employee must also be able to learn and understand how to resolve various plumbing, electrical and mechanical problems that arise during events. If working during events, the employee will work with an experienced maintenance engineer but, following proper training, should be able to make independent assessments of issues that arise during events.
Basic computer skills are required and at a minimum the employee should be familiar with the MS Office suite of products, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Move heavy objects
- Be exposed to loud noises
- Be exposed to extreme heat or cold
- Work with various materials like oils, solvents, cleaning chemicals and the like
- Speak, hear and write
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?