IT Network Engineer - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Technical Services: Technical/Engineering
The Network Engineer will focus, primarily, on the Cisco and Ubiquiti Network technologies that are used by Pacers Sports & Entertainment to support the overall business. The core responsibilities include configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of network hardware and the end-user experience of the network. Pacers Sports and Entertainment run and maintains, along with two office buildings, the Gainbridge Field House, the home of the Indiana Pacers; this brings unique challenges to our network ecosystem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design, monitor and maintain network systems, including Cisco and Ubiquiti installations.
2. Support network needs during event setup and while the event is in progress.
3. Solve network issues as they arise.
4. For Cisco implementation:
5. Use DNAC to support network health.
6. Use the CLI and have experience configuring the network using it.
7. For Ubiquiti implementation:
8. Use Ubiquiti/Unifi tools to configure, monitor and maintain the network.
9. Act as a contact for external vendors that help support the networks.
10. Work with the Technology team to investigate and resolve company Helpdesk tickets.
11. Collaborate with other members of the Technology team to continuously find ways to improve the company’s technological advancements and productivity.
12. Rotate with members of the Technology team to support Field House games and events.
13. Fulfill all other support in a general capacity.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a Technology role and to that end, this role must have exceptional technical skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in technology and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) equivalent industry experience preferred. In addition, this position requires:
1. demonstrable expertise, including at least 3 years hands on experience, in the configuration of network systems from Cisco and Ubiquiti
2. ability to work within a team as well as individually
3. demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. a passion for technology and ability to learn new technology quickly
5. ability to work a flexible schedule and events some evenings, weekends and holidays
6. ability to work effectively under pressure and under tight timelines or deadlines
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions, reports and technical manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers; must be customer-service oriented. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as making change, analyzing costs, figuring statistics, and making area measurements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Move heavy objects
- Use a computer
- Use a 10-key calculator
- Use a telephone
- Speak, hear, and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for full-time employment at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Exemptions will be considered for applicants who receive a conditional offer and who are unable to get the vaccine due to medical or religious reasons.
How did you hear about this job?