Hours Required: 20 - 30 hours per week
Interns in Game Operations will assist in the coordination of talent bookings for Pacers and/or Fever home games; assist with the Pacers and Fever mascots on their appearances; assist with the Fever Inferno and Indiana Pacemates on their appearances; assist with invoicing and contracts as necessary for appearances and talent bookings; assist with the set-up/tear-down concourse entertainment for Pacers and/or Fever home games; and assist in coordination and on-floor execution of game timeouts, contests, game activities and events prior to, during, and after games.
- Assist in the coordination of talent bookings, contracts and invoices as they pertain to our NBA and WNBA mascots
- Assist in the coordination of talent bookings, contracts and invoices as they pertain to our NBA and WNBA dance teams
- Assist with coordination of Pacers Kids Club events
- Assist mascots in their appearances
- General office duties
- Assist in coordination and on floor execution of game timeouts; contests; game activities and events prior to, during, and after games
- Assist with concourse setup/tear down before and after games
- Will sit in on all Game Operations meetings, as well as Marketing meetings.
- Interns will be given various assignments and projects to work on including, but not limited to, interaction and information exchange with other NBA and WNBA teams
- Must receive college credit
- Excellent phone skills, communication skills, computer skills (specifically Microsoft Office), and writing skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to deal with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Marketing, sports marketing or other related business major
- Able to keep track of multiple calendars
- Good driving record
Efficient computer skills – specifically Microsoft Office programs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Marketing, Sports Marketing, or other related business major preferred
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for internships at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Interns who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.