In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Conversion Crew oversees changing the arena floor configuration for each event ensuring proper setup and general cleanliness for Gainbridge Fieldhouse. This position will require you to work unusual hours at times based on the event schedule and the requirements of the event. This includes evenings, weekends, late nights, and early mornings. You will be hands-on with every event that comes to our arena in the completion of equipment set-up, preventative maintenance, and housekeeping duties for Gainbridge Fieldhouse. This position will also be cross-trained to assist with conversion tasks of all the external campus facilities, including Bicentennial Unity Plaza.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in setting up, pinning, and cleaning the basketball hardwood floor.
- Installation and tear down including basketball goals, courtside seating and tables, and other related equipment.
- Perform custodial duties including cleaning exterior ramps, docks, and entrance areas. Sweep and collect trash around the outside of the building, stairwells, entry pavilion, and anywhere else that is needed throughout the entire campus.
- During winter months, must shovel snow and remove ice from entrance areas, sidewalks, and ramps.
- Assist the Overnight Operations Manager with the supervision of both in-house and temporary labor staff to ensure all arena guidelines and procedures are followed.
- Operate light industrial equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, and cleaning equipment.
- Perform miscellaneous routine maintenance duties to arena equipment.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Minimum of 1 year of event set-up experience or relevant experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must exercise independent judgment for a multitude of scenarios that include knowing when to call for assistance with an issue. If working during events, the employee normally is not directly supervised, but will coordinate with the other Conversion Crew team members on duty and report major issues/incidents to the Facility Operations Manager, event supervisor and/or the event coordinator.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Move heavy objects
- Be exposed to loud noises
- Be exposed to extreme heat or cold
- Be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals with proper safety procedure
- Speak, hear and write
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Gainbridge Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.