Campus Security Officer (Part-Time) - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
The Campus Security Officer ensures the safety and security of the people, property, and premises of the PS&E campus by continuously monitoring and improving PS&E security posture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Notify PS&E Security Manager of any problems or concerns related to PS&E safety and security.
- Conduct foot patrol of the interior, exterior and immediate perimeter of PS&E buildings and notify proper department of potential safety or security risks.
- Greet guests, check credentials of visitors to the campus, issue visitor credentials, and escort visitors and contractors to locations withing the campus.
- Assist any emergency responder.
- Conduct security screening of visitors, staff, vendors and others entering the premises as needed using screening equipment (x-ray machines and metal detectors) and applying screening practices to identify and prevent entry of prohibited or dangerous items.
- Examine doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
- Respond to all alarms, take proper immediate mitigation actions, give warning and make proper notifications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all PS&E policies and Security Department rules and procedures.
- Interdict suspicious or dangerous activities and individuals, requesting law enforcement response when appropriate.
- Monitor/secure/open doors, gates or elevators to allow access/exit of employees, deliveries, and authorized visitors.
- Respond to reported medical emergencies, providing first aid care until emergency responders arrive.
- Provide safety escorts to employees and guests.
- Prepare various written reports including incident reports and daily logs.
- Listen and respond to radio communications.
- Conduct self professionally with an attitude of service.
- Assist Security Manager with additional projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by any Safety & Security Supervisor.
- Various days and hours depending on the needs of PS&E.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Security experience desirable, but not required. PS&E will provide training.
- Valid government issued ID card is required!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are an absolute requirement!
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports.
- Ability to write reports and correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from PS&E management and the public.
- Ability to peacefully diffuse angry or anxious people in stressful situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret oral and written directions, handle stress, defuse stressful situations, and work well with patrons from varied backgrounds are all important traits.
PHYSCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Some of the duties required of the employee is to regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, use computer, use telephone, use radio, speak, hear, read, write, multi-task and present with poise, influence and integrity.
Minimal digital literacy is needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually low.
- The noise level in Bankers Life Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level is usually low but can become high at any moment.
- There are both indoor and outdoor in-house security positions. Must have the ability to work in all weather conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
How did you hear about this job?