Box Office Sales Representative (Part-Time) - Pacers Sports & Entertainment (Indianapolis · IN)
Pacers Sports & Entertainment jobs
Sports Jobs in Indianapolis · IN
Ticket Operations: Box Office Ticket Seller
This position entails selling tickets to the public at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse box office, being a guest relations ambassador during events, assisting with answering incoming telephone calls from patrons and providing outstanding customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell tickets at arena box office window and guest relations during events.
- Resolve customer's desires regarding event to be attended, number of tickets wanted and method of payment.
- Enter appropriate coded information into computer, acquire payment from customer, verify/process credit card charge if applicable and electronically send tickets to customer.
- Provide information to customers regarding various events as requested via phone and/or in person.
- Assist patrons with ticket pickup from will call window.
- Assist patrons to retrieve their mobile tickets, previously purchased, and are having difficulty pulling them up on their mobile device.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job effectively, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will be required to work events and therefore must be flexible to work evenings, 2 weekends a month, as well as holidays such as Thanksgiving/New Year’s/Easter weekends and daytime hours if applicable.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Ticketing, computer and/or cash handling experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret maps, instruction sheets, and coupon sheets/grids. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patrons. Excellent customer service skills required, must be able to handle difficult customer issues and achieve a positive outcome.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as making change.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions.
Problem Solving Requirements:
The successful candidate must have the ability to answer customer questions and tackle any problems as they arise and to provide a positive, mutually beneficial outcome to resolve the situation.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Be exposed to loud noises
- Use 10 key calculator
- Use cash register
- Speak, hear and write
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work in the Box Office.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
- The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?